Saturday, August 2

trainwreck

I knew what this was
a speeding train, flying past
you're an irreparable disaster
and me, I'm a mess.

I stood alone on empty tracks,
and that gust when you tore by
left me reeling in sweet agony,
my face up to black sky.

I got close enough to feel your rush
but kept from getting hit
I'm not sure why you spared me
I didn't think you cared a bit.

you're not one of us, my love,
you're just too god damn real
you understand human nature's ugliness
but you've forgotten how to feel.

I know that I'm too stubborn 
so naïve, such a sass
I enjoyed making you furious
we both can be so fucking crass.

you know you'll forever long for me
i'll never not be haunted by those eyes
you'll wish I'd make you feel like home again
but I can't forget your predator's lies

and honey, we'll always be chasing
that very first bittersweet high
when you lost your head and went insane
and I gave in and found my mind.


 photo FinalSIG_zps5ea99cea.png

No comments:

Post a Comment