Thursday, November 7

on being grateful (& keeping them keen)

 
I am so fortunate.
 
sometimes I find myself complaining a lot about the things I don't do right, or the things others have done to me.  but all in all, i'm truly grateful for the experiences I've had, even if I ended up burned in the end.  because they give you opportunities to learn, about life and about yourself.
 
i'm grateful that I'm not a bitter person.  i'm not sure why it is, but I have always been too lazy to hold a grudge.
 
 
 
Carolyn and I had a great talk today about life and boys and love.  and our dear dear friend rosemarie told us:
 
"keep this in the back of your mind. and it's not a nice thought, but keep it anyways-
'be mean, keep 'em keen'
 
she says her husband was the only guy she was ever mean to.
 
and I hate that!  I like being nice and doing things for people and making breakfasts in bed and packing lunches with cute notes and buying gifts and being thoughtful.  I think I got this evil favors disease from my grandmother.  she will feed you even if you're not hungry, because that's what makes her happy.
 
so I said "but Rose! I love making people happy, that is honestly what brings me happiness!  it truly is.  I think it was because of the way I was raised.  I cannot stand being selfish and making demands and asking for things or getting gifts. it makes me feel awkward.. "
 
and rose said "well shit, I guess you'll just have to marry a nice Mormon boy. those boys are smart and just want a good wife and mother, and they don't play the games that you apparently suck at."
 
well crap, I guess I'm going back to church.
 
haha :)
 
 photo FinalSIG_zps5ea99cea.png

No comments:

Post a Comment