Tuesday, July 8

kingpin

i sit, gazing, you stand, stone cold
blue drinks, pretty honey, white lines.
people watch us, people want to know
why we're being guarded, so lux.

they stare at us, every step we take
they wanna know who you are
'cause your icy glare, baby
makes complete strangers crumble.

your watch flashes, you grab my hand
drag me past the crowd, all the people
you're over it, over them, we're out.
black night, empty streets. cold breeze.

something in the way you look at me
reminds me of the devil
your black car, you say get in
your black hair gleams blue

you put your red mouth on mine
open, you say. they used to call you the Doctor.
you force my jaw open with your tongue
push your salty poison behind my teeth

chills of fear up my spine
thrills of frenzy through my chest
i've never really touched you
but you've known all this time
there's something about me you need.

you lay me down, kiss my throat
sit across the room and cross one leg
you say you like to watch me
when my walls start falling down

my body's hit
i can't take it
i'm on fire
i think I love you
i love this
i'm on fire
i just can't take
how much
i love this

my hands clutch the floor around me
my spine arches; it might snap
you're still sitting across the room
smiling, sipping, watching me writhe
i like you watching while my walls are down

and they're so far down, i drop
it's too much, frantic heat
i can't take- don't make it stop.
white lines, you're so good to me daddy

you're by my side, you help me back
your cold hands wrap around my neck
you run ice along my jaw clenched shut
i don't forget about the gun on the table.
even while you Doctor me like a child

my breathing slows and i rest easy
i shouldn't trust you, Doctor, but i do
'cause you could kill me, but you haven't
yet, have you, baby, have you?

i wanna see your soul, I say
you just tell me it's black.
I look at you again, double check
no, no. i think it's blue.

dawn's hazy light creeps in.
i ask what made you this way
what have you seen, violence
was it prison, the black
the murders, or was it your mother?

he explodes, i calm his rage. shh baby.
he glistens in the dark, he needs me
he needs me like he needed his mother
i can feel it when he holds me while i tremble.

i ask why me, he says he doesn't know
this monster is my master, he claims my soul
i just watch his face, his blue eyes drop
while i clutch the shards of his black broken heart

No comments:

Post a Comment