Friday, July 25

you can do better

this phrase bothers me. not when my performance is lacking-- sure, push me harder.

but when it's applied to other people.  it's something I have heard countless times and convinced myself of once or twice.

what is 'better' anyway? richer, more handsome, higher test scores?

straighter teeth, smoother complexion.

the way another person looks has never held much weight for me. truthfully, probably, yes, as  a defense. because I don't want anyone to look too closely or judge my appearance harshly.

but really, the most important thing to me is how I feel around somebody. and yeah, grammar and spelling matter too, just a teensy bit.

I honestly don't care what gifts a man gives me, what title a person holds, how perfect a body someone has. I could care less what god you worship, how much you know, or how much of the world's weight you think you carry on your shoulders.

it's how my soul feels when you're around. the frequencies you put off, and the frequencies I feel myself emitting. I prefer people who have hit rock bottom, once or twice. and I like my humans with the battle scars to prove it.

 photo FinalSIG_zps5ea99cea.png

No comments:

Post a Comment